Skip to main content
Defined Contribution Plan Document
Section 1. Pro-Rata Benefits.
- Purpose. Pro Rata Benefits are provided under this Plan for Covered
Employees who would otherwise be ineligible for a pension because their
covered Hours have been divided between Covered Hours accrued under
this Plan and Covered Hours accrued under another pension plan.
- Related Plans. The Board of Trustees may recognize another pension plan
as a "Related Plan" if the Board of Trustees enters into a Pro-Rata
Reciprocal Agreement with another pension trust fund. Recognition of
Covered Hours under the Related Plan and payment of Pro Rata Pensions
with respect to such employment will be governed by the reciprocity
agreement between the Board of Trustees administering this Plan and the
Board of Trustees administering the Related Plan, subject to the rules of
- Related Hours. The term "Related Hours" means hours of employment
that are accrued under a Related Plan.
- Combined Hours. The term "Combined Hours" means the total of a
Covered Employee's Covered Hours and Related Hours.
- Non-Duplication. An Employee shall not receive duplication of hours
under this Plan and the Related Plan for the same period of employment.
- Eligibility for Pro Rata Benefits. An Employee who satisfies the criteria
for a Distribution under this Plan shall be eligible for Pro Rata Benefits if
he would be eligible for a distribution of his Individual Account under this
Plan if his Combined Hours were treated as Covered Hours worked under
the jurisdiction of this Plan.
- Application to Vesting and Breaks in Service. Related Hours shall be
considered in determining whether an Employee has satisfied the
requirements for vesting and incurred a Break in Service.
- Amount and Payment of Pro-Rata Benefits. The amount of the Pro Rata
Benefits payable under this Plan is determined in the same way as the
Payment of Individual Accounts at Early Retirement, Normal Retirement
Age, termination of employment prior to Retirement, Disability or Death
of the Participant is determined, based solely on the Covered Hours
worked under this Plan and Individual Account established as a result.