Defined Contribution Plan Document
AMENDMENT NO. 6
TO THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA IBEW-NECA DEFINED CONTRIBUTION PLAN
This Amendment to the Southern California IBEW-NECA Defined Contribution Plan ("Plan") executed this 20th day of April, 2016, is made by the Board of Trustees of the Southern California IBEW-NECA Defined Contribution Trust Fund ("Board of Trustees") with reference to the following facts and circumstances:
- The Board of Trustees wishes to adopt the provisions of the HEART Act;
- The Board of Trustees wishes to incorporate the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreements which allocate contributions to the Plan; and
- The Board of Trustees have reserved to themselves the ability to amend the Plan from time to time.
NOW THEREFORE, the Plan is amended as follows:
- Article IX, Section 15 is amended by adding the following language to the end of the first paragraph:
"For a Participant who died on or after January 1, 2007 while performing qualified military service, the Participant 's Beneficiary is entitled to any additional benefits that may be provided through the Plan (other than benefit accruals relating to the period of military service) that would have been provided under the Plan had the participant resumed employment and then terminated employment on account of death. Additionally, the Plan will credit the Participant 's qualified military service as service for vesting purposes, as though the Participant had resumed Covered Employment immediately prior to the Participant 's death."
- A new Article XVI is added to the Plan and existing Article XVI is renumbered as Article XVII. New Article XVI provides as follows:
"Various Collective Bargaining Agreements between IBEW Local 11 and NECA provide for a flat hourly employer contribution to the Plan. Appendix "A" to the Plan, which sets forth the current hourly employer contribution formula is hereby attached hereto and incorporated by reference."
- All other terms and conditions of the Plan shall remain in full force and effect.
Executed this 20th day of April, 2016 at Commerce, California.
Board of Trustees
Southern California IBEW-NECA Defined
Contribution Trust Fund
By: Signature on File
By: Signature on File